The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flyscreen door

2 posters

Go down

Flyscreen door Empty Flyscreen door

Post by livirover47 Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:45 am

Hello there!

Has anyone fitted a flyscreen door to their 'van? We have a flyscreen curtain but would much prefer a more permanent solution like a cassette type flyscreen door as available on caravans and some campers.

Thanks
Jim
livirover47
livirover47

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo

Back to top Go down

Flyscreen door Empty Palermo Flyscreen

Post by Bushman Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:26 pm

Hi, we had a fly screen inner door on our Palermo which opened with the main door or could remain in place with the outer door open. It was made from a square metal frame. my only suggestion would be to cont Alan Osbourne in AS Parts Dept. He's a very knowledgable and helpful chap.

Good luck, Bushman
Bushman
Bushman

Auto-Sleeper : Excelsior

Back to top Go down

Flyscreen door Empty Re: Flyscreen door

Post by Guest Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:55 pm

I fear that the rigid Palermo flyscreen door may have to be part of the original equipment, as the integrated hinges and magnetic link to the door seem purpose built.
For what it is worth ALDI stores are selling vertical fly-screens at this moment, very cheap and appearing to be a suitable alternative. These are a few vertical strips of mesh that overlap.
Good luck! I personally hate the dangling tassles which always hook around me and anything I happen to be carrying.
Alan
Anonymous

Back to top Go down