The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ravenna Electrical Supply

2 posters

Go down

Ravenna Electrical Supply Empty Ravenna Electrical Supply

Post by penno350 Mon May 05, 2014 8:42 pm

Just back from our second outing in our newly purchased 99 Transit based Ravenna.   However, the workings of the electrical system are still slightly mysterious and not really clarified by the handbook.  

Both trips we have used hook up which I assume becomes the primary power source when connected, however should the battery charger in the wardrobe be switched on permanently when power is applied?

I also assume that when the hook up is not connected the control panel on the wall should still provide power from the leisure battery?

Are these assumptions correct?

Any advice gratefully received as I didn't get a proper handover on purchase.
penno350
penno350

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Ravenna

Back to top Go down

Ravenna Electrical Supply Empty Re: Ravenna Electrical Supply

Post by brodco Mon May 05, 2014 8:57 pm

Hi,  wave 
penno350 wrote:Both trips we have used hook up which I assume becomes the primary power source when connected, however should the battery charger in the wardrobe be switched on permanently when power is applied?
Yes. The battery charger is supplying the 12V equipment and charging the leisure battery. If the charger is off you will still be running the battery down, even on EHU.

penno350 wrote:I also assume that when the hook up is not connected the control panel on the wall should still provide power from the leisure battery?
Yes again. Of course the battery will only charge on EHU or when the engine is running.

Brod.

Last edited by brodco on Mon May 05, 2014 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
brodco
brodco
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Duetto
Vehicle Year : 1997

Back to top Go down