The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nuevo Driving Position-too high?

+2
roli
DrRogerRam
6 posters

Go down

Nuevo Driving Position-too high? Empty Nuevo Driving Position-too high?

Post by DrRogerRam Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:54 pm

Hi,
Recently checked out a 2005 Nuevo & found the driver's seat too high for me-I'm only 5'8". It was almost as if I needed to peer underneath the cab top!
The one we tried was not adjustable-can anyone tell me from what year they are adjustable?

We are intending to upgrade from our Trooper & the Nuevo is one we are considering.
Thanks
DrRogerRam
DrRogerRam

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Devon

Back to top Go down

Nuevo Driving Position-too high? Empty Re: Nuevo Driving Position-too high?

Post by roli Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:31 pm

On the Boxer based vans there was an option to have a lower seat box for the passenger side but dont think it would work out for the drivers side as there is probably a leisure battery undr it. You are the same height as me and whilst it wasn't a Nuevo (the cabs are all the same) I had no problem with our last van which was a Boxer. We had it for 8 years. There was a limited height adjustment on the seat. There are hundreds of people both shorter and taller than us driving this chassis with no issues. The X250 which is the current Nuevo chassis has a very similar cab arrangement and I havnt heard of problems. On this forum bulldog01 is over 6ft tall and he has a Nuevo. Feel sure you will get more responses on this, and I cant remember what year the Boxer was replaced by the X250.
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramblingon Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:49 pm

You are right to consider the driving position it is most important, I had a Peugeot Talbot I lost loads of money on it -as guaranteed every time I drove the darn thing I would get terrible sciatica within 3miles - in the end I sold it at a huge loss - thing was so uncomfortable to drive, now I stick with the devil I know- the VW. Stay comfy. up!
Ramblingon
Ramblingon
Donator
Donator

Female

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by DrRogerRam Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:02 pm

roli wrote:On the Boxer based vans there was an option to have a lower seat box for the passenger side but dont think it would work out for the drivers side as there is probably a leisure battery undr it. You are the same height as me and whilst it wasn't a Nuevo (the cabs are all the same) I had no problem with our last van which was a Boxer. We had it for 8 years. There was a limited height adjustment on the seat. There are hundreds of people both shorter and taller than us driving this chassis with no issues. The X250 which is the current Nuevo chassis has a very similar cab arrangement and I havnt heard of problems. On this forum bulldog01 is over 6ft tall and he has a Nuevo. Feel sure you will get more responses on this, and I cant remember what year the Boxer was replaced by the X250.

I tried a new Bessacar (made by Swift, I think these days) on a Peuget/Fiat chassis with the same problem. Just wanting to know really which vans we'd be OK with. The AS Executive looks good as does the Devon BUT we can't afford one of those unfortunately!
DrRogerRam
DrRogerRam

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by DrRogerRam Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:07 pm

Ramblingon wrote:You are right to consider the driving position it is most important, I had a Peugeot Talbot I lost loads of money on it -as guaranteed every time I drove the darn thing I would get terrible sciatica within 3miles - in the end I sold it at a huge loss - thing was so uncomfortable to drive, now I stick with the devil I know- the VW. Stay comfy. up!

Comfy is vital for me with me bad back! The Trooper I find is better than our Accord when driving for hours in France & probably does more mpg-the old Honda (petrol) is 3000rpm at 70 whereas the Trooper is 2000rpm on diesel (Euro 1.26 per litre!!!).
DrRogerRam
DrRogerRam

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramblingon Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:07 am

Then a Clubman may be just what you need, a natural upgrade from the Trooper and a nice comfy VW cab.
Ramblingon
Ramblingon
Donator
Donator

Female

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by breakaleg Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:19 am

we have a 06 lancashire (same as the nuevo) there is a swivel base fitted to my seat and I am 6foot 2 tall, and have no problem seeing out.
Hope this helps.
Pete
breakaleg
breakaleg

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo Ek
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:28 pm

As Roli said you can get lower seat boxes. This is a link to the company [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] , I don't know whether they affect the location of the leisure battery but for those who find their seat too high it may be worth considering. Swivel plates can be fitted to them as well.
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Nuevo Driving Position-too high? Empty New seat box

Post by tomlynne Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:44 pm

I bought a Lancashire/Nuevo recently from Campbells Motorhomes. They fixed the same problem by fitting a lower drivers seat box for me, and swapped the leisure battery to under the passenger seat. The relays for the leisure system remain under the drivers seat. The box came from a firm in Devon, sorry but I don't have its name.
tomlynne
tomlynne

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire ES

Back to top Go down

Post by DrRogerRam Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:26 pm

Thanks for all the replies. We've almost[i] made our minds up to go for a new Nuevo with all the bits we want with a good 'end of season' deal & borrowing loadsamoney but with a relatively good trade-in on our Trooper. Lots of interest but no sale yet-I guess £24K is a lot for anyone these days.
Thanks again,
Roger
DrRogerRam
DrRogerRam

Male

Back to top Go down