The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Surrey/Northants extra leisure battery

4 posters

Go down

Surrey/Northants extra leisure battery Empty Surrey/Northants extra leisure battery

Post by golly Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:31 am

Hi

Has anyone added a second leisure battery to either a Surrey or Northants ? and if so where did you put the second battery, the existing battery is under the passenger seat.

thanks   John
golly
golly

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Kemerton
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Surrey/Northants extra leisure battery Empty Re: Surrey/Northants extra leisure battery

Post by mousy Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:22 am

Hi, we are planning on fitting a second battery and inverter, we are going to put both in the storage compartment under the passenger bed. I don't think there is space under the passenger seat for a 2nd battery even if the first is turned around. 

Will let you know how we get on....

Any advice welcome
mousy
mousy

Female

Member Age : 57
Auto-Sleeper : Northants

Back to top Go down

Surrey/Northants extra leisure battery Empty Re: Surrey/Northants extra leisure battery

Post by golly Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:12 pm

Thanks Mousy, I would be interested on how you get on.  Your Northants is basically the same layout as our Surrey, and I was thinking of the under bed space behind the passenger seat.  I am also thinking of having an underslung gas tank fitted to free up the gas locker to store generator fuel etc, but that's just at the thinking about it stage.  I will let you know if I do it, either on here or on MHF.

John
golly
golly

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by mousy Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:38 am

Hi, I am struggling to find my habitation battery! The only battery I can see anywhere (including looking in the the engine bay) is under the passenger seat and is marked up with a Mercedes label - this I understand is the standard Mercedes Sprinter 'engine' battery location. So where is habitation battery? Regards Martin.
mousy
mousy

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:58 pm

The habitation battery is the one under the passenger seat.  The vehicle battery is under the floor of the cab.  I forget which side its on (i think passenger), but if you lift the mat you can see a cover.  If I remember when I checked, something AS have put in is in the way of lifting the cover without more effort.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DuxDeluxe Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:36 am

Just checked online, according to the battery suppliers the vehicle battery for later sprinters is the one under the seat which doesn't sound quite right  It is under the passenger feet on the X250.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

DuxDeluxe
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Ex Broadway Crown

Back to top Go down

Post by mikethebike Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:27 am

mousy wrote:Hi, I am struggling to find my habitation battery! The only battery I can see anywhere (including looking in the the engine bay) is under the passenger seat and is marked up with a Mercedes label - this I understand is the standard Mercedes Sprinter 'engine' battery location. So where is habitation battery? Regards Martin.
Hi there seem to be variations of battery position with year and model.
i suggest you ring nearest AS dealer or AS direct with model details.
regards

mike
mikethebike
mikethebike

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symphony
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Post by golly Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:36 am

I thought the leisure battery was the one under passenger seat and vehicle battery was under floor of driver footwell, I think I will explore further. Mine is 2010 model.
golly
golly

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by DuxDeluxe Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:56 am

Yes, I thought that but then looked online and different story is told. Mine is a Fiat and I know about the batteries on there so Peugeot will be the same and they are thrown together in the same factory

DuxDeluxe
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Ex Broadway Crown

Back to top Go down

Post by mousy Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:27 am

Found it!
You were right Golly it is under the floor on the passenger side.
Thank you for your help.
mousy
mousy

Female

Back to top Go down