The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fly screen

4 posters

Go down

Fly screen Empty Fly screen

Post by Bad Penny Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:38 pm

I am awaiting delivery of a new Broadway EK TB LP and have been told by two people, that it is not possible to have a habitation door fly screen fitted. 
Looking on the Auto-sleeper exhibition centre web site, I found it listed as an optional extra. The habitation door is a Hartal one, so is this the reason for non compliance. Could someone please clarify if it can or cannot be fitted. 

The Bad Penny.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Bad Penny
Bad Penny
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper : Ex Broadway owner
Vehicle Year : 2014 mod

Back to top Go down

Fly screen Empty Re: Fly screen

Post by Paulmold Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:51 pm

I know our Nuevo is older but we were also told that we could not have a flyscreen because of the step-well inside the door. Didn't really make sense to us if the screen could be opened outwards but obviously not inwards.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:00 pm

Are you questioning a fly screen on the window or a secondary door?

Peter

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Bad Penny Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:13 pm

Thanks for your reply Peter. No not on the door itself, but as secondary unit. I have seen some that act like a concertina. When closed it engages neatly within it's frame.

Regards The Bad Penny
Bad Penny
Bad Penny
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:15 am

I tried the Fiamma fly screen on my Lancashire and it was a disaster. In Wilkinson I found a "fringe" type screen made of a large number of fine cords sewn into a double tape. I threaded a dowel through the tape and that fits into 2 cup hooks screwed just above the door. When we don't want it we slip it inside the grab handle beside the internal step. The screen itself cost £8 and is effective. It would be better still if the cords usdd for the "fringe" were heavier, but at £8 .......

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:55 pm

Bad Penny wrote:Thanks for your reply Peter. No not on the door itself, but as secondary unit. I have seen some that act like a concertina. When closed it engages neatly within it's frame.

Regards The Bad Penny
I know what you mean but I haven't seen one fitted to an Autosleeper. We've tried various stringy and net hangings at the door but all have one problem or another.

Peter
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bad Penny Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:23 pm

I have been told that my Broadway EK TB LP has now been delivered to Marquis, so will have a good look at the door area shortly and see if something can be fitted. I recall having seen a concertina type fly screen fitted to a Bessacar with a seitz security door. Maybe a call to Swift group may throw some light on this problem. I will give some feed back either way.
My thanks to all for your replies.

Regards the Bad Penny.
Bad Penny
Bad Penny
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:44 pm

Wondering if I've got hold of the wrong end of the stick here, because our 2007 Inca has a fly screen on the hab. door.
Looks like an original fitting
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:22 pm

Peter Brown wrote:
Bad Penny wrote:Thanks for your reply Peter. No not on the door itself, but as secondary unit. I have seen some that act like a concertina. When closed it engages neatly within it's frame.

Regards The Bad Penny
I know what you mean but I haven't seen one fitted to an Autosleeper.  We've tried various stringy and net hangings at the door but all have one problem or another.

Peter
Something like this perhaps?...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:46 pm

candapack wrote:Wondering if I've got hold of the wrong end of the stick here, because our 2007 Inca has a fly screen on the hab. door.
Looks like an original fitting
Oooops!!!  How right you are, we had an INCA and I'd completely forgot about that inner door.  I remember it now because it blocked access to the blind in the outer door so we left that closed all the time.  It took a lot to find a picture of it in my collection to remind me how it worked.  It was an integral part of the door/frame system.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I think the more secure Dometic (Seitz) door was used from sometime in 2007 and that didn't have an option to have a fly screen inner door.

Peter

Last edited by Peter Brown on Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : picture added)
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:44 pm

Peter Brown wrote:
Oooops!!!  How right you are, we had an INCA and I'd completely forgot about that inner door.  I remember it now because it blocked access to the blind in the outer door so we left that closed all the time.  It took a lot to find a picture of it in my collection to remind me how it worked.  It was an integral part of the door/frame system.

It doesn't just block access to the blind. It has a metal plate that slides over to cover the gap left for the main door mechanism. It took a lot of experimenting with oven, heater and pans before we realised that was where the really annoying rattle was coming from.scratch head
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Bad Penny Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:47 am

Just looked at forum again and saw further info on fly screens, what a great bunch of people you are. I looked at the link to ebay and that was just what I had in mind, now the question is, can it be retro fitted? Thanks again Peter and Candapack 

Regards the Bad Penny.
Bad Penny
Bad Penny
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down