The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fitting Reverse Camera on Nuevo

3 posters

Go down

Fitting Reverse Camera on Nuevo Empty Fitting Reverse Camera on Nuevo

Post by nevergiveup Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:48 pm

Has anyone here self fitted a reverse camera ( either wired or wireless) on X250  2008 Nuevo Classic.

I would love to know how you got on, particularly with feeding cables!!!?

David confused3
nevergiveup
nevergiveup

Male

Member Age : 87
Auto-Sleeper : SYMBOL
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Fitting Reverse Camera on Nuevo Empty Re: Fitting Reverse Camera on Nuevo

Post by modelman Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:35 pm

I fitted a revering camera to my Talisman, different model I know, but it can't be by THAT much!!

I heard that wireless models can be a bit problematic, so I want for a fully wired system.
As I have a towbar & bike rack, I opted to mount mine up high above the window pointing down, the wires enter behind the rear top cupboards, so I removed the rear liner, & by using my old favourite, the stiff 'garden' wire, pulled them through the back to the panel above the hab door, then into the void under the side cupboards to the front, then through to the cab roof-liner, down the windscreen pillar to the power supply & monitor on the dash, no wires can be seen anywhere,m & it works great. smile!

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Amethyst
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:14 pm

David
The best method for cable routing is to drop it down behind the kitchen cupboards & cooker across the floor to the  sink unit, out through the floor and under the van, back in under the plastic step cover on the passenger side and back in under the dash. Wireless sounds simplier.... but you still have to get power to the camera and they can suffer badly from interference.

Regards
John
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by nevergiveup Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:48 pm

Thanks Gentlemen for your thoughts. 

John, I would like to mount camera top rear over high stop light. Would you take the leads through the roof using sealable gland into top kitchen cupboards?  I trust you mean front passenger access step to come back in. At least with wired system 12volts is easier to access at front!! I just hate drilling holes in an expensive item!

Regards David
nevergiveup
nevergiveup

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:27 pm

David
Sorry for not getting back to you last night.
Best to go through the top of the rear panel on which you mount the camera, not the roof.  If you can, rather than go through the cupboard, remove it and go behind. If you look in this post 
https://www.autosleeper-ownersforum.com/t4599-rear-view-camera-mounting?highlight=camera
hopefully the pictures will describe my set up a bit more. Although this is on our Gatcombe, your Nuevo will be similar. (Yes.... front passenger access to come back in with cable). Does that make a bit more sense?

Let us know how things go.
Regards
John
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by nevergiveup Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:37 pm

Thanks John for your interest, you certainly had confidence knocking the "stuffing" out of your Gatcombe!. I will study our Nuevo more carefully in the morning to see whether your method will apply. If I could find a 5Mhz type wireless system I would try that , but they are all 2.4Mhz and far more prone to jamming and interference.

Watch this space!

PS nearly finished my 100W solar panel install so.............

David
nevergiveup
nevergiveup

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:06 am

Marquis fitted a reversing camera to my 2012 Nuevo. It is fitted to the rear panel just above h erear window (you can see it in my Avatar) and the cable (power plus video in one 4 core cable) goes straight through into the kitchen cupboard, along the bottom of th ecupboard to the narrow shelving unit and then down that and behind a corner cutoff which houses the 13A mains sockets to get into the base cupboard and thus through the floor and under the van.  It is then routed along underneath to just behind the passenger cab door where it comes back up just behind the trim panel at the foot of the B Pillar. From there it goes behind the trims at th ebottom of the door and then up to behind the glove box where the connections are made to power and to the reversing switch. Then another cable goes up the N/S windscreen pillar and along the head lining to emerge by the mirror where it feeds the monitor which clips over the raer view mirror.
On my previous Hymer I did fit a wireless number plate camera which was never successful as there signal was too weak - OK for a car but too far with a motorhome and too many things in the line of sight.  I replaced it with a wired version which was excellent.  There are a couple of places in Ramsgate that do complete kits for about £125 - be sure to get a CCD camrera and not a CMOS.

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down