The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fitting a Satelite dish to the roof.

2 posters

Go down

Fitting a Satelite dish to the roof. Empty Fitting a Satelite dish to the roof.

Post by Watermark1 Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:14 pm

We have just downsized from a Rapido A class to a Auto-Sleeper Bourton and are trying to make the best use of any storage spaces. Putting a Tripod and sat dish under the bunk took up a fair bit of space and made it difficult to fit in chairs etc, so the decision was made to fit either a dome or sat dish on the roof. Looking at domes they were going to increase the total height of the M/H to over 3 metres, so the dish looked the best option. Talking to various company`s I found that AutoSat (Adventure Motor Homes) really seemed to know what they were talking about. I booked the van in for 12.30 and arrived at 12.10 to be waved straight into the workshop. After a discussion about domes and dishes  it was decided to install a dish. We then discussed where to fit all the bits and were told it would take 3 to 4 hours. We were then shown a car for us to use and told that Burnham on sea, just down the road, was worth a visit. We retuned at 3.45 to find the van being  cleaned and it was soon ready for a test. Moved it outside for a demo and switched it on and within a minute we were watching Sat TV. The total price was very keen and with the quality of work, the use of a loan car,  made the whole episode  very good. I have never had any dealings/connections  with Adventure M/H before this visit  but can only highly recommend both price,standard of work/service that you receive whilst there.
Watermark1
Watermark1

Male

Member Age : 88
Auto-Sleeper : Bourton

http://jmcx20@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Fitting a Satelite dish to the roof. Empty Re: Fitting a Satelite dish to the roof.

Post by johnandeva Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:37 pm

Hi watermark, how much did you pay if you don't mind me asking, regards john
johnandeva
johnandeva

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : Symbol

Back to top Go down

Fitting a Satelite dish to the roof. Empty Re: Fitting a Satelite dish to the roof.

Post by Watermark1 Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:35 pm

johnandeva wrote:Hi watermark, how much did you pay if you don't mind me asking, regards john

Hi  to you John,
                                The total invoice was £1364  and I am still well pleased with the installation etc. We had to cancel our Spring  trip  to Spain, so It has not had as much use as I had planned. Maybe the autumn.  Regards Jim
Watermark1
Watermark1

Male

Member Age : 88
Auto-Sleeper : Bourton

http://jmcx20@gmail.com

Back to top Go down