The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rear mirror camera mount

+2
ubuntu1
ricknsue
6 posters

Go down

Rear mirror camera mount Empty Rear mirror camera mount

Post by ricknsue Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:05 am

We started up our Broadway yesterday after 3 months of non use and amongst other little niggling things found that the rear view mirror, onto which Marquis had attached the reversing camera screen last September, had fallen off the front window. It looks like it was just stuck on with glue. Now should we return to get this fixed under warranty, attempt to superglue it back ourselves and avoid the hassle of taking the van in etc, or look for an alternative solution? Is this something that is quite common? Is the rear mirror up to the job of holding the reversing camera screen! My concern is that if it had fallen down whilst driving along it could have smashed or we could have had an accident. Any help gratefully received.
ricknsue
ricknsue

Female

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway FB

Back to top Go down

Rear mirror camera mount Empty rear view mirrir

Post by ubuntu1 Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:15 am

Please dont use super glue - its water soluble so with condensation it will soon fail. You can buy special rear view mirror adhesives from a motorfactors or even Halfords.

Male

Member Age : 61
Auto-Sleeper : M/H engineer

Back to top Go down

Rear mirror camera mount Empty Mirror mount

Post by ricknsue Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:08 am

Thank you for that. Just caught us in the nick of time before we hunted for the glue! Do you think what Halfords will sell us will be sturdy enough to hold the mirror and the rear camera screen? Is that the normal place to put this screen or are we letting ourselves in for more trouble? We are still under warranty for this so would it be worth the hassle of booking the van in just for this?
ricknsue
ricknsue

Female

Back to top Go down

Rear mirror camera mount Empty windscreen mount

Post by ubuntu1 Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:56 am

No sure that your warranty will cover it. Worth checking though.

If you buy the proper mounting glue there is no reason why it shouldn't hold the mirror plus monitor.

Male

Member Age : 61
Auto-Sleeper : M/H engineer

Back to top Go down

Rear mirror camera mount Empty Re windscreen mount

Post by pat and jim Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:30 am

Hi Ricknsue I have used double sided patches for fixing handles to mirror doors .I got mine from the autoglass workshop witch they fix rear view mirrors with .They gave me ten pieces on a strip and I put a donation in lifeboat box. They may fix it for you peace
pat and jim
pat and jim

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : sigma ek
Vehicle Year : 57

Back to top Go down

Rear mirror camera mount Empty Re: Rear mirror camera mount

Post by burlingtonboaby Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:40 am

ricknsue wrote:We started up our Broadway yesterday after 3 months of non use and amongst other little niggling things found that the rear view mirror, onto which Marquis had attached the reversing camera screen last September, had fallen off the front window. It looks like it was just stuck on with glue. Now should we return to get this fixed under warranty, attempt to superglue it back ourselves and avoid the hassle of taking the van in etc, or look for an alternative solution? Is this something that is quite common? Is the rear mirror up to the job of holding the reversing camera screen! My concern is that if it had fallen down whilst driving along it could have smashed or we could have had an accident. Any help gratefully received.

Hi Ricknsue
Might be worth callng into your nearest Puggie dealership and purchasing the correct adhesive. up!
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:07 pm

It shouldn't be glued on, usually rear view mirrors are bonded to the screen using a little pad that's available from most car accessory shops like Ubuntu says Halfords sell them or as Boaby says you can get the genuine one through your Peugeot dealership parts dept..... The most important thing when fitting is to make certain the screen is extremely clean and I'd run the heater to warm the screen first so it gets a good bond, as if you fit it to a cold or damp screen it's less likely to bond properly.

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Rear mirror camera mount Empty Thanks

Post by ricknsue Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:48 pm

Thanks everyone that's really helpful allthumbz
ricknsue
ricknsue

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeotboxer Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:05 pm

pat and jim wrote:Hi Ricknsue I have used double sided patches for fixing handles to mirror doors .I got mine from the autoglass workshop witch they fix rear view mirrors with .They gave me ten pieces on a strip and I put a donation in lifeboat box. They may fix it for you peace

Autoglass, that's the place to go!!

PB
peugeotboxer
peugeotboxer
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Harmony
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Rear mirror camera mount Empty Help!

Post by ricknsue Sat May 25, 2013 8:26 pm

Having got Peugeot to repair the rear mirror mount which meant an overnight stay in the garage to ensure bonding, they got us to put the reversing camera screen on ourselves, it has now just all fallen off again, complete with rear view mirror and we are due to set off on our first trip to France tomorrow!! It should still be under warranty but whose ( mirror mount is Peugeot, reversing camera screen?) and in any case warranty not much help if we are en route to France at O crack sparrow!! Anyone got any suggestions?
ricknsue
ricknsue

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeotboxer Sat May 25, 2013 8:49 pm

See above wave

PB
peugeotboxer
peugeotboxer
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Harmony
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Post by ricknsue Sat May 25, 2013 8:53 pm

They don't open till 0800 and we have to be checked in by then!
ricknsue
ricknsue

Female

Back to top Go down

Rear mirror camera mount Empty Solution

Post by ricknsue Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:41 am

In case anyone is in interested in the conclusion (I hope) to this story: after several visits to both Peugeot and Marquis and overnight stays with the van for the glue to bond, the mirror still kept falling off when the reversing camera screen was clipped on. I had almost given up hope and was looking for alternative ways to hang the camera screen.  Finally Marquis ordered a new 'hanger'? (the bit that sticks to the windscreen and which the mirror slots into) and reversing screen clips on and, so far so good, 4 weeks on it's still there! Fingers crossed!
ricknsue
ricknsue

Female

Back to top Go down