The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

on board LPG tank

4 posters

Go down

on board LPG tank Empty on board LPG tank

Post by Barbara K Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:26 pm

Hoping that someone can help please. When we were in Germany last June we needed to top up with LPG for cooking (Cotwold has underslung refillable tank). We found that the autogas /LPG nozzles over there didn't fit. We are planning to go to Spain for 6 weeks next feb/March and want to know if anybody can point us in right direction in getting an adaptor for LPG In Spain.
thanks
Barbara K

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Cotswold

Back to top Go down

on board LPG tank Empty Re: on board LPG tank

Post by -mojo- Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:40 pm

Gaslow sell adaptors:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Member Age : 24
Auto-Sleeper : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

on board LPG tank Empty Autogas Tank

Post by murph Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:20 pm

Hi Barbara,
We use Autogas all the time and apart from the standard UK filler we have a French/Italian adapter which accepts a clamp in pump nozzle and a Euro adapter (screw in) which is used in among other places, Belgium. I dont know wether Spain uses one of these adaptors or whether they use somthing different again but I am quite sure that Gaslow will be able to sort that for you. These adaptors just screw into the existing filler on the van and can be changed easily when moving through different countries. Before you go use Google maps to find where autogas stations are in the area you want as I understand that they are not as common in Spain as in some countries.

Brian2
murph
murph

Male

Member Age : 86
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire EK,ES.

Back to top Go down

on board LPG tank Empty RE:AUTOGAS TANK

Post by sapper997 Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:04 pm

Hi Barbara
We overwinter in Spain every year and also use LPG (GPL in Spain),depending on which part of Spain you are in
there are two types of adapter used, the filling station at Barcelona uses the British bayonet type fitting.
The gas depot at Alicante has two pumps, one takes the bayonet type and one takes the new"Euro" push
in type which I am told is to become standard throughout Europe (that'll be the day hugegrins )and the
recently opened filling station near Cartegena also uses the "euro" type.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] can supply all the adapters and the vicarious books publication >all the Aires in Spain & Portugal<
gives a list of the (not many) LPG stations in those countries.......hope this helps.....Ray allthumbz
sapper997
sapper997
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 81
Auto-Sleeper : EXECUTIVE

Back to top Go down

on board LPG tank Empty Re: on board LPG tank

Post by Barbara K Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:27 pm

Thanks for your help. We'll try both companies.
Barbara K

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Cotswold

Back to top Go down

on board LPG tank Empty Spain

Post by murph Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:40 pm

Hi Barbara,
Slightly off topic but unless you insist on sites all the time I would definately recomend the Aires guide that Ray mentions, Vicarious books who publish them have a shop in Folkstone, not far from Dover, if you are travelling by that route, or by post. I suspect that the push on adapter that Ray mentions is the French/Italian adapter that we have, as our Euro adaptor from Gaslow requires you to screw the pump hose fitting on to it.

Brian2
murph
murph

Male

Member Age : 86
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire EK,ES.

Back to top Go down