The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nuevo ES roof plastic band

4 posters

Go down

Nuevo ES roof plastic band Empty Nuevo ES roof plastic band

Post by Peterm Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:13 am

Greetings from Hazel Grove,

All around the roof of my 06 Nuevo ES is an inch wide plastic tape band covering the join between the roof panel and the body panel. It has been loose since new, despite a so called repair under warranty. Because it is loose it fills with mould, particularly this year.
If anybody else has had this problem I need to know how to fix it, and if this plastic strip is doing anything vital, like sealing a join. I have had ideas of injecting something into the gap, like silicon sealant, but I don't want to do anything unsightly, damaging, or irreversible.

My second question concerns the rubber seal that runs around the habitation door. It is looking quite shrunken and degenerate (like me). Any suggestions for renovation or replacement.

Thanks

Peter
Peterm
Peterm
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES

Back to top Go down

Nuevo ES roof plastic band Empty Re: Nuevo ES roof plastic band

Post by Paulmold Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:19 am

Can't help with your first problem but for the door rubber, have a look here for a choice of profiles .....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by TeamRienza Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:22 am

Hi Peter,

I have a 2006 Rienza and had the same problem, the band was sitting away from the body but only for an inch or so. This was at the driver side just at the end of the tape where it meets the strip which comes from the rear of the vehicle and sweeps down to the floorline just above the drivers door. I was concerned that moss would retain moisture which could expand when frozen in the winter months. I got it totaly removed and restuck at a habitation service. The service agents are an independant and trusted company (Leisuretechnical services , Dromore Co. Down) so no vested interest.

The service agent said it covered a joint so wise move to reseal, If I remember correctly they removed the whole strip because it was held in place with an adhesive strip which needed to be removed? (memory could be playing up though).

Hope this helps,

Davy
TeamRienza
TeamRienza
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : Used to own a Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2006 Mk6

Back to top Go down

Post by Peterm Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:03 am

Thanks Paul,

Thanks, Davy.
I shall remove it and re stick it if I can, if the weather ever dries out. Old problem: if the sun shines go out, if it rains cannot work on the van. So it never gets done.

Peter
Peterm
Peterm
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES

Back to top Go down

Nuevo ES roof plastic band Empty Re Nuevo ES roof plastic band

Post by burlingtonboaby Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:58 pm

Hi Peter
Now you have got me up looking at my roof band, it holds alot of dead leaves and gunge up there, it looks pretty secure at the side, a couple of inches don't seem to be adhered to the body.
I'm calling in at Willersey next month, I will ask Mark and see what he thinks.
My wife says theres more dead stuff comes out of my belly button :0_blush:
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down