The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

County Mercedes - adjustable steering

3 posters

Go down

County Mercedes - adjustable steering Empty County Mercedes - adjustable steering

Post by groundhog Fri May 25, 2012 5:28 pm

On the whole range of Mercedes based models height adjustable steering is stated on the spec sheet as standard, so I went to adjust mine and it doesn't have any.

Rang A/S who said ring Mercedes. Rang Mercedes who very helpfully checked the build number and said "No it was never specified on your build". Rang Marquis who said " Never been asked that before will check the two outside" ... " No they don't have it either, but I don't think the Mercedes ever did"

So if you have a County Mercedes based vehicle does yours have steering height adjustment please because I have a feeling someone in A/S is just cutting corners ( the option costs £82) and forgetting to update the spec sheet!

I feel an argument with A/S coming on! thanksverymuch fight
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Auto-Sleeper : Worcester

Back to top Go down

County Mercedes - adjustable steering Empty Re: County Mercedes - adjustable steering

Post by roli Fri May 25, 2012 5:41 pm

I think the chassis will be common, but if some has a "real" A-S Merc based van rather than a Marquis based Merc could you comment on here please for groundhog..

You have been watching too many Eddie Stobart TV Programs !!!
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

County Mercedes - adjustable steering Empty Re: County Mercedes - adjustable steering

Post by JanGlover Fri May 25, 2012 6:41 pm

allthumbz broomstick No adjustment to steering on our Worcester either. BUT, the A-S spec here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] says it should!

Well spotted Groundhog, let us know how you get on (we're in Portugal)
JanGlover
JanGlover

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Fri May 25, 2012 7:07 pm

Not envious at all Dick & Jan - hope you are having a great time. We are off soon under the tunnel and then turn towards whichever way the sun is shining.

I am going to get to the bottom of this, maybe the words worm and can might be coming in to play! scratch head
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:11 pm

Oh look, A/S have altered the website and deleted the reference to the adjustable steering column, interestingly Marquis never said it was adjustable on their site. There is no difference between AS spec and Marquis spec.
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down