The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nuevo II fridge problem Thetford N97

5 posters

Go down

Nuevo II fridge problem Thetford N97 Empty Nuevo II fridge problem Thetford N97

Post by VTS Tue May 01, 2012 8:39 pm

Help! Due to various problems since the purchase of our AS we have only been able to use the vehicle three times since November. On two occasions the fridge has stopped working when on 240v. When put on gas it lights but still doesn't cool. After the first occasion we took it back to
our dealer but they couldn't find anything wrong. Now it's happened a second time we have again phoned supplier. Advised to book it in. This we have done but we feel it is a waste of time. Has this happened to anybody else. The vehicle was parked on a level surface having checked it with a
spirit level.
A seatbelt has also jammed and we had to call out the AA. They were able to sort it temporarily but on their 'call out form' stated belt should be replaced asap. However on taking it to a Peugeot garage we were told they couldn't replace it until it jammed again. So we then call the AA and
history will repeat itself.
We really want to love our little Nuevo. We would really appreciate some advice.
VTS

PS Thanks for the welcome
VTS
VTS

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo

Back to top Go down

Nuevo II fridge problem Thetford N97 Empty Re: Nuevo II fridge problem Thetford N97

Post by Dutto Wed May 02, 2012 10:47 am

VTS wrote:
........... When put on gas it lights but still doesn't cool. ..........

If:

1. The fridge is level.
2. The gas lights and stays lit.
3. The cooling coil doesn't cool.
4. It has cooled in the recent past.

Then:
1. There is a high possibility that the refrigerant liquids and gases are still within the system but are in the wrong places. (This can happen due to parking on a steep slope, going over rough ground etc.)
2. There is a possibility that there is a leak in the system and the refrigerant liquids and gases have escaped.

The solutions are:
1. Wait at least a week and try it again. If the refrigerants are still within the system they will most likely go to their "proper" places. (I don't recommend it myself, but I am sure that somewhere on the Forum I have seen a recommendation to remove the fridge and turn it upside down to accelerate the process; but still leaving it the right way up for a couple of days for the refrigerants to reach equilibrium!)
2. If there has been a leak and the refrigerants have escaped then there is a fine balancing act between the cost of replenishment and the cost of a new fridge.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
drinksallround

Last edited by Dutto on Wed May 02, 2012 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Add "the right way up"!)

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Duetto

Back to top Go down

Nuevo II fridge problem Thetford N97 Empty Re: Nuevo II fridge problem Thetford N97

Post by VTS Wed May 02, 2012 11:28 am

Thank you so much for info. Checking things out and will let you know how we get on. As fridge is under warranty we will probably
need to go back to dealer again. Fridge now on in drive and working on electric. Later going to deliberately put vehicle on slightly uneven
surface to see if it goes out.
VTS
VTS
VTS

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Wed May 02, 2012 6:09 pm

Hi VTS... Dutto has given you some really good advice... Someone else also had issues with this model of fridge a while back I seem to recall but cant remember who it was. Out of interest have you contacted the service centre at Auto-Sleepers? (Tel 01386 853 338) might be worth a try rather than relying on the dealer. I have found them very helpful and only too happy to assist with any problems.

CC

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by VTS Wed May 02, 2012 9:25 pm

Hi CC
Thats really useful info. Hadn't even thought about contacting Auto-Sleeper direct. Will phone them tomorrow to see what they have to
say.
Have now deliberately put mh on slight incline in drive and it failed to work on eletric in one direction, but worked ok when turned around
on the same incline. Confused why on both occasions when on site it works for two days then stops when vehicle hasn't been moved at all.
Let you know how I get on.
It's great the help I've received from the forum. Would certainly recommend site.
VTS
VTS
VTS

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto Thu May 03, 2012 1:26 am

Hi there,

Check out:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

You will see that what you have in your van is a beautifully simple miniature refinery at the back of your fridge! wave

It always amazes me that they actually work at all, never mind that they can get a bit cranky! allthumbz

Enjoy.

Best regards,

drinksallround

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Duetto

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Thu May 03, 2012 10:30 pm

This is the thread regarding the same Thetford N97 fridge that forum member Kemerton was having problems with...

don't know if he got his sorted or not? but might still be of interest.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by VTS Fri May 04, 2012 9:13 pm

Thanks for the thread CC.
Contacted AS Service but they cannot help. They suggested phoning Thetford on 01142738157. Tried twice but number not obtainable. Try again next week.
Be good to know what the outcome was for Kemerton.
VTS

VTS
VTS

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuevo II EK Sat May 05, 2012 5:09 pm

Check the Thetford website for contact details as it may be a new number I have spoken to Thetford service dept in the past and found them more than helpfulll even sending an engineer to my home on the day we were going to France so as we did not miss our booking although this was a warranty repair .
Nuevo II EK
Nuevo II EK

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo II EK Now Sold

Back to top Go down

Post by VTS Sat May 05, 2012 5:53 pm

Thanks. Our Nuevo is also an EK. Did you have a similar problem? For the past 4 days we've been running fridge on electric and have deliberately put it on various slight inclines and have also turned it around. It has gone off just once. Holiday looming so will be onto Thetford somehow on Monday. Thanks again VTS
VTS
VTS

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuevo II EK Sun May 06, 2012 8:22 am

The problem I had was in a fridge / freezer on the previous motorhome not keeping cold whilst en-route running on vehicle power . We have had this Autosleeper from new since Sept 2010 and have found the fridge to work well in all aspects .When on site or just overnight on Aires we always do our best to level up , as I cannot stand doors swinging open if we are not level . I still feel your best solution is to speak direct with Thetford.
Nuevo II EK
Nuevo II EK

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo II EK Now Sold

Back to top Go down

Post by breakaleg Mon May 07, 2012 11:51 am

When my fridge packed up (electrolux) Auto Sleeper put me in touch with this chap (he will come to you) Ian 07951 360 20260 or 0121 464 2863.
Fixed mine free, under warranty.
Hope this helps
Pete
breakaleg
breakaleg

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo Ek
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down