The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nuevo Built In Omnistor Awning Parts

5 posters

Go down

Nuevo Built In Omnistor Awning Parts Empty Nuevo Built In Omnistor Awning Parts

Post by CC Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:06 am

Can anyone identify the model of Omnistor awning that is inbuilt and recessed (not surface mounted) on the Series II Nuevo? Found a sticker which states "Omnistor Bahamas 18" but understand this only indicates the colour of the awning canvas? I've looked in the Auto Sleeper manual but no info whatsoever on the model either which is marvelous when spare parts are needed!

On our last break I was winding in the awning and happy that it was retracted.. But MrsCC suggested it wasn't fully home so I gave it an extra crank... I knew or at least had a good idea by how it looked (as bottom edge jutted outwards) that something wasn't quite right indicating to me that it was probably overtightened gettinwrong rolleyes anyway.. opened it up to give it a clean a short while ago only to find the end cap has broken where the two screws hold the alloy fixing as shown in these pics

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It may already have been damaged as it's the first time we have used it... either way need to get it fixed, the caps appear to just push on and are secured with another two screws, but after looking on ebay and Omnistor's site I don't have a clue of the part number to look for, was just wondering if anyone here knew?

Also does anyone know if Omnistor are attending the P'boro show and are they likely to have these on the stall or is this just wishful thinking?

CC

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Nuevo Built In Omnistor Awning Parts Empty Nuevo fully recessed Omnistor awning

Post by burlingtonboaby Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:25 am

Hi Cruz
I carn't get out to my van at the moment, give your details to Hillview awnings, chap called Brent should be able to help you.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 01202 525477 l,
Good luck Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Nuevo Built In Omnistor Awning Parts Empty Re: Nuevo Built In Omnistor Awning Parts

Post by CC Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:36 am

Thanks for the contact Boaby, will drop them an email... Just thought if I knew the part number I could hopefully track something down & place an order over the weekend smile!
Hate it when things are broken or not working twiddle_thumbs

CC

Male

Back to top Go down

Nuevo Built In Omnistor Awning Parts Empty Re: Nuevo Built In Omnistor Awning Parts

Post by Paulmold Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:09 pm

There is also Rose Awnings. Can't see from their website that they will be at Peterborough but it's another contact for you.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:01 pm

Looks similar to ours and I got some bits from Rose Awnings at either Lincoln or Knutsford shows. The model number doesnt display in Ominsters catalogues.

Out of interest wasnt impressed with ours comapred with previous Fiamma awnings. Had to rebuild the legs and also had a mess around with winding mechanism. OK now but still jerks a bit on the first twist of wind out
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:33 pm

Paulmold wrote:There is also Rose Awnings. Can't see from their website that they will be at Peterborough but it's another contact for you.

Thanks Paul.. wonder if it was their stand I saw at the Newark show? Thought it was an Omnistor stand as all the gear they had was Omnisitor only that I could see

roli wrote:Looks similar to ours and I got some bits from Rose Awnings at either Lincoln or Knutsford shows. The model number doesnt display in Ominsters catalogues.

Out of interest wasnt impressed with ours comapred with previous Fiamma awnings. Had to rebuild the legs and also had a mess around with winding mechanism. OK now but still jerks a bit on the first twist of wind out

Have only wound ours out a couple of times roli so not really had a chance to see how good the build quality is.. Have to say though, I was impressed with the legs on ours compared to our fiamma on our Trident, thought the legs folded away much easier and the spring ends were straightforward and not fiddly like the fiamma ones... the end plates where it's broke appear to be a very poor design though and I think the screws are too close to the edge which explains why ours has broken the way it has, when I fit new ones I might see if I can reinforce it with a metal plate as I can imagine it happening again in the future.

I think the awning might be a 5200? but not sure and understand the 5200 is now discontinued anyway, surprised AS don't state which model number it is in the manual... guessing they would be able to advise if I contacted them and maybe could even supply the parts?

CC

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by dandywarhol Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:53 pm

This it?

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Ex Clubman Anniversa
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:35 pm

Thanks dandy... not the correct part but thanks anyway, it's just a flat end with 4 screw holes that just pushes on each end from what I can see... searches online have resulted in zilch so until I can get a response from previously mentioned companies will have to see what turns up, knowing what model of awning is fitted would make life so much easier tap_fingers

Male

Back to top Go down

Nuevo Built In Omnistor Awning Parts Empty Nuevo built in Omnistor awning parts

Post by burlingtonboaby Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:59 pm

CruizingComet wrote:Thanks dandy... not the correct part but thanks anyway, it's just a flat end with 4 screw holes that just pushes on each end from what I can see... searches online have resulted in zilch so until I can get a response from previously mentioned companies will have to see what turns up, knowing what model of awning is fitted would make life so much easier tap_fingers

Hi Cruz
Sorry I carn't get out to my van just now, I cracked some ribs in my back last week and sitting in a high back chair most of the day. Brent the chap from Hillview awning took details from my van last summer, try him on the phone.
I'll get out the van soon, in a couple of days. also the lads at Johns cross could help??

Good luck. Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:36 pm

burlingtonboaby wrote:
Hi Cruz
Sorry I carn't get out to my van just now, I cracked some ribs in my back last week and sitting in a high back chair most of the day. Brent the chap from Hillview awning took details from my van last summer, try him on the phone.
I'll get out the van soon, in a couple of days. also the lads at Johns cross could help??

Good luck. Boaby

Hope you are on the mend Boaby? How did you manage to crack your ribs? Did contact Brent at Hillview as you suggested but he didn't have the end caps in stock and wasn't certain if he would have them in time for collection at the P'boro "East of England show" so rather than take a chance ordered them from Auto-Sleepers.

CC

Male

Back to top Go down

Nuevo Built In Omnistor Awning Parts Empty Nuevo built in Omniistor awning parts

Post by burlingtonboaby Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:55 pm

CruizingComet wrote:
burlingtonboaby wrote:
Hi Cruz

Good luck. Boaby

Hope you are on the mend Boaby? How did you manage to crack your ribs? Did contact Brent at Hillview as you suggested but he didn't have the end caps in stock and wasn't certain if he would have them in time for collection at the P'boro "East of England show" so rather than take a chance ordered them from Auto-Sleepers.

Hi CC
I'm on the mend, still very sore, if you look at my threads about podium steps and how good there are, well I feel out of them two weeks ago, I didn't have he safety gate shut correctly whilst polishing the rear of the van and toppled out, bounced of the bungalow wall and landed on my side, beautiful big duck egg on my head.needless to say my wife wasn't very cuffed with me.
I hope you find your parts O.K enjoy the Peterboro show.
Boaby up!

CC

burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:17 pm

Awning rail end caps for Nuevo (series II - 2007 onwards) Omnistor inbuilt / recessed awning / Omnistor Model: 600k

Have just fitted these awning endcaps, have posted the photo below as it may help others with part numbers. (If you expand the pic you should be able to read the details)

It seems the end caps are available separately, as they came in individual packages marked left & right assembly... I only wanted the left end but presumed they were only sold in pairs so asked for "A Pair" the cost through Auto-Sleepers was £18.60 including £3.00 delivery. As I got a pair I decided to fit both new ends and the undamaged end I would keep as a spare.

Upon installing the new ends I can see why my last one broke! I didn't realise until I went to remove the undamaged end to find that a hole had been drilled in the alloy bracket securing it by an additional screw to the awning... without this screw the alloy bracket has approx 1mm of movement which means the plastic end cap flexes and results in a break like mine (which wasn't screwed) I'm not sure if Auto-Sleepers put a screw in and just forgot that end or if someone else has thought it a good idea shrugg but seeing how much more secure the bracket was I did exactly the same when replacing mine, except in addition to the screw I also used Sikaflex behind the bracket and the brackets are now solid with no movement unlike before.

Interestingly the alloy bracket fits perfectly into the awning guides / channels (as can be seen in pic below) but the screw holes then don't line up with the end caps so it seems like they have adapted parts to fit but which results in the lose bracket, if you have this same awning I would highly recommend you check to see how yours is fixed and put a screw in if it is missing like mine as it makes a heck of a difference. As you can see in the pic above the alloy brackets do not sit in the guide channels so without the screw it's not really attached to anything!! (except the brittle plastic end)

Glad it's all sorted and reassured that it's now better than before content

CC

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:22 pm

burlingtonboaby wrote:

Hi CC
I'm on the mend, still very sore, if you look at my threads about podium steps and how good there are, well I feel out of them two weeks ago, I didn't have he safety gate shut correctly whilst polishing the rear of the van and toppled out, bounced of the bungalow wall and landed on my side, beautiful big duck egg on my head.needless to say my wife wasn't very cuffed with me.
I hope you find your parts O.K enjoy the Peterboro show.
Boaby up!

Sounds nasty... you have to be really careful it's a lot higher than you think... especially if you are unfortunate to fall!!

Hope you have a speedy recovery big thumbs up

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by dandywarhol Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:39 pm

Looks like it's been adapted from a bracket for a Knaus Motorhome....................

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Ex Clubman Anniversa
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:44 pm

dandywarhol wrote:Looks like it's been adapted from a bracket for a Knaus Motorhome....................

Yes it does dandy, think the awning is specially adapted for or by Auto-Sleepers, they call the awning model an Omnistor 600KTL
but as you point out the caps do appear to be made by Knaus

Male

Back to top Go down