The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Road vibration.

2 posters

Go down

Road vibration. Empty Road vibration.

Post by Neuvosleeper Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:43 pm

Hi campers, any solution found to obtain a smoother "journey" on B class roads. I'm down to a Tyre pressure of 50 p.s.i all round as a trial, but I guess the commercial struts should be removed for higher quality units. I visited A.L.K.O. a few miles from home, they looked under and laughed, saying sorry but its not our chassis. The lovely suited representative suggested their rubber balls" another 500 quid. Someone in the trade, (tyres) said wear these out and fit Mitchelin, well at 5000m a year even on low pressure its going to be a rough ride ongoing, if Autosleeper could fit them from new , be nice. I;ve covered 4500m since new in May and the tyres removed are worth nothing in p.x for "others" even if one dares to try doing a deal---unless someone out there can enlighten me. More opinions in Forum in other places its a fine way to lose ones "irritations" answers here please. Nuevosleeper. Ah--E.K.
Neuvosleeper
Neuvosleeper

Male

Member Age : 87
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo 11
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Road vibration. Empty Re: Road vibration.

Post by dandywarhol Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:08 pm

Swap it for the last of the VW Clubman - that way you get a decent chassis/suspension and shove your savings into eurobonds................................. allthumbz

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Ex Clubman Anniversa
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Road vibration. Empty Road vibration.

Post by Neuvosleeper Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:59 pm

Have had one of those in van form--( work ) If I change, its all a rip off so there will be no money left if I change the leftover to euros and wait for bonds to mature, I'l be well gone. nite nite. Nuevosleeper
Neuvosleeper
Neuvosleeper

Male

Member Age : 87
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo 11
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down