The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suitable Air Beam awning for Broadway

5 posters

Go down

Suitable Air Beam awning for Broadway Empty Suitable Air Beam awning for Broadway

Post by Davebeluc Tue 4 Aug 2015 - 15:49

Hi

I am undecided on the choice of inflatable awning suitable for my Broadway EL Duo, at present I am being drawn to the 260 XL 2015 has anyone bought this model or can advise an alternative?

Regards Dave.
Davebeluc
Davebeluc

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway Duo EL
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Suitable Air Beam awning for Broadway Empty Re: Suitable Air Beam awning for Broadway

Post by stoneb Tue 4 Aug 2015 - 22:32

Hi Davebeluc,

We very recently bought an airbeam awning called Vango Kela 2 Tall, a superb bit of kit. Our reasons for this model was that it could cope with the height to which the roll out awning was fixed by A/S - 2.7mtrs but it would obviously cope with lower heights thanks to it's built-in adjustment straps. Don't forget that if you buy an awning that only just copes with your roll out height, then it won't cope when the van has to use ramps to try to get it level on site.

Regards, Barry
stoneb
stoneb

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Winchcombe
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Suitable Air Beam awning for Broadway Empty Re: Suitable Air Beam awning for Broadway

Post by Davebeluc Wed 5 Aug 2015 - 5:20

Hi Barry
Many thanks for your advice I will have a look at the Kela 2 tall, really good information regarding the additional height when sitting on leveller ramps I would have never give this any thought and I suspect others would fall foul of this fact.

Regards Dave.
Davebeluc
Davebeluc

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway Duo EL
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Wed 5 Aug 2015 - 8:04

We too have a Kela Tall on the Windsor which like the Broadway is a tall van
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by ssjohnl Wed 5 Aug 2015 - 8:25

If the Kela II Tall fits, then the Vango Idris Tall will also fit. It is identical in size, shape, windows, doors etc to the Kela but we chose it because it doesn't have a inner bedroom tent which we didn't want. It's made of a slightly lighter weight fabric, is in green rather than grey and has a removable groundsheet which makes cleaning the underside easier. Also it's about £100 cheaper than the Kela II. You'll find traders are not encouraged to advertise Vango awnings at reduced prices but haggling at a show produced results for us.

John
ssjohnl
ssjohnl

Male

Auto-Sleeper : SYMBOL
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by artheytrate Wed 5 Aug 2015 - 21:05

I also use the Kella tall awning on our Broadway EB very easy to erect with quite a few different fixings.

Don't forget you will need the Kador connection strip which you buy separately.

John.
artheytrate
artheytrate

Male

Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down