The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AS Northants - What Do I need to Know?

5 posters

Go down

AS Northants - What Do I need to Know? Empty AS Northants - What Do I need to Know?

Post by thegreatpan Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:32 pm

Well I've bought one what do i need to know?

Auto-Sleeper : Northants 2011

Back to top Go down

AS Northants - What Do I need to Know? Empty Re: AS Northants - What Do I need to Know?

Post by dandywarhol Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:03 pm

Ermm, you put fuel in the tank and turn the key - the rest is up to your imagination!

Welcome wave

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Ex Clubman Anniversa
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

AS Northants - What Do I need to Know? Empty Re: AS Northants - What Do I need to Know?

Post by CC Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:41 am

thegreatpan wrote:Well I've bought one what do i need to know?

Hello thegreatpan

Some photos would be nice of your new Northants Autosleeper :) Lucky you agree3

As far as I'm aware you are the only Northants owner here so far, but I'm sure others will be along at some point in the future!

Good luck with your new purchase 😁

Last edited by CruizingComet on Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by thegreatpan Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:32 am

Photo's will be posted as soon as I take delivery. I think the MArquis chappie said it was being nailed together this week agree3

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:16 pm

thegreatpan wrote:Photo's will be posted as soon as I take delivery. I think the MArquis chappie said it was being nailed together this week agree3

Any updates on your Northants yet thegreatpan? have you taken delivery yet or still waiting? actually it would be quite interesting to know how quickly Autosleeper turn these vehicles around? Ive often wondered how long it would take to carry out a conversion in hours or days from start to finish? do you have any ideas with regards this?

I'm quite envious of the whole experience of buying a new Autosleeper I would imagine its very exciting knowing your build is underway agree3

CC

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by thegreatpan Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:24 pm

Delivery this Friday hopefully, shakedown trip at Wareham Forest Touring Park straight after Fri - Mon.

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:40 pm

thegreatpan wrote:Delivery this Friday hopefully, shakedown trip at Wareham Forest Touring Park straight after Fri - Mon.

That's great news drinksallround
Bet you can't wait to show it off, must be a really nice feeling wellhappy

Look forward to seing some pics up!

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by thegreatpan Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:08 pm

The long and the short of our deal is that due to issues at the dealer, our new van delivery day will now probably be Thursday 14th April this will leave no time for a shakedown trip, unless I camp in the van on the drive whilst we are packing for Italy.

So all on hold for a couple of week(hopefully not longer).

Back to top Go down

AS Northants - What Do I need to Know? Empty Still no flippin motohome yet

Post by thegreatpan Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:24 pm

Still no flippin motohome yet, our dealer has only recieved the Camos Sat TV gizmo today, fitted tomorrow by all acounts, however Scooter Rack, Chassis Upgrade, Airide, MP3 for radio, Solar PV, Battery Master, Alarm Upgrade, Lagged Tanks are all done.

Don't know how long we'll have to wait for the V5? Anyways off to Germany, Switzerland and the Italian lakes and poss a bit of time in France for a few weeks as the shake down trip.

Back to top Go down

AS Northants - What Do I need to Know? Empty Northants 1st Impressions

Post by thegreatpan Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:14 pm

Well we're back from our six week shakedown trip to Italy. The Northants was excellent and so much easier and more comfortable than our previous moptorhome. (German A Class)

Only shakedown faults are minor, mainly relate to aftermarket stuff, apart from small leak from fresh water tank, bathroom door not staying closed when travelling (bodged for tour). A few screws have pulled out and a couple of things don't fit.

The oven has a couple of faults.

A few minors relate to fit out and a couple with the entertainment system fitted by Marquis.

I have managed to get a chassis loas upgrade from SV Tech to 4000kg, this now gives us ample capacity for the scoot & rack etc.

Trip mpg's was a staggering 28 mpg, and this for a not completely run in engine.

I loved the auto box so much, I am thinking of chopping in the manual car.

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:38 pm

The Northants looks like our van but on the Sprinter, hope you get as much enjoyment out of it as we have over the last three years.
Had no problems with the oven other than when we took delivery of the van the door was hinged on the "wrong" side, but when it went to Willersey for other warranty stuff they quicky swopped the hinge side and its been fine since.
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by thegreatpan Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:09 pm

Well she's in for warranty work this week, still very pleased, I now have an uprated (paper exercise) load capacity, this has allowed more than enough (4000 Kg MTPLM) for the 125cc scoot we carry on a PWS rack.

If somone can let me know how to upload photo's I'll give it a go a go.

We're off to France & Spain for a month or two as soon as the school hols are over.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alf Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:20 pm

thegreatpan wrote:Well she's in for warranty work this week, still very pleased, I now have an uprated (paper exercise) load capacity, this has allowed more than enough (4000 Kg MTPLM) for the 125cc scoot we carry on a PWS rack.

If somone can let me know how to upload photo's I'll give it a go a go.

We're off to France & Spain for a month or two as soon as the school hols are over.

have a look here up!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
allthumbz

Alf
Alf
Alf

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down