The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Motorhome Stopover club (Worth Joining?)

+3
whisky
Ramblingon
mikemelson
7 posters

Go down

Motorhome Stopover club (Worth Joining?) Empty Motorhome Stopover club (Worth Joining?)

Post by mikemelson Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:26 am

Hi,
Can any members of this forum shed any light on 'Motorhome Stopover'. I've only just heard of it, membership costs £30.00 per year & it lists 500 pubs in the UK where you can stay overnight for free.

I'm not sure if it's anything to do with 'Nightstop' run by Practical Motorhome.

Can anyone out there help on this one?

Mike.
mikemelson
mikemelson
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2024

Back to top Go down

Motorhome Stopover club (Worth Joining?) Empty Re: Motorhome Stopover club (Worth Joining?)

Post by Ramblingon Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:30 am

I think I can, basically it is an organisation that has arranged for MH stop over -car park style , in exchange for customer patronage- stop at a listed pub etc and have a meal/ make a purchase, they advertise at most of the bigger shows these days.

Nothing to stop us negotiating a stop over before we book a meal is there? we can do this for our selves for free.

If you feel more comfortable with an officially negotiated list then that is what it is all about, a good idea.
Ramblingon
Ramblingon
Donator
Donator

Female

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Clubman

Back to top Go down

Motorhome Stopover club (Worth Joining?) Empty RE Motor home Stopover.

Post by whisky Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:34 am

Hi Mike,

This has been around for some time now. I looked at this about a year ago. Seems a decent idea. At the time I looked at this the subscription ran from January to January. So if you pay your first 30 quid now you will have to pay again in January 2012. Still I like the sound of it . Let us know if you find out any more.

Whisky.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
whisky
whisky

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Executive

Back to top Go down

Motorhome Stopover club (Worth Joining?) Empty Re: Motorhome Stopover club (Worth Joining?)

Post by roli Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:04 pm

Also have a look at BritStops, a newer organisiation but not limited to pubs for stopovers, bit cheaper too with monthly updates
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by bb46 Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:53 pm

We joined soon after it set up. One stopover didnt want to see our proof of membership and we have found that many pubs which dont belong, particularly those with plenty of parking space, have no objection to us staying overnight so we havent renewed.
We have joined BritStops - its just getting going and worth supporting. Its very similar to France Passion and looks like being a great idea.
bb46
bb46

Female

Auto-Sleeper : 2008 Symbol

Back to top Go down

Motorhome Stopover club (Worth Joining?) Empty Safe Nights Ireland

Post by George Harrison Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:21 am

In the August Edition of Newsletter 275.David & Betty 9th June For those unfortunate to have missed the Newsletter, I can brieflygive a brief rundown on "Safe Nights Ireland"
Basicallly acouple called Frank and Helen Ryan and new members find people who will allow them to park on their property for 10 euro per night. At their time of writing there were around 150 sites.
NO Cltype sites in Southern Ireland but the Caravan club have around 30. The Camping & Caravanning Club have only around 12.
The sum of 10 euro is a bargain as normal site fees are a rip-off. (this according to comments on the net) plus own experiences. So look up the lGoogle site Safe Nights Ireland.com and read all about it.
Happy Motoring George Harrison
George Harrison
George Harrison

Male

Member Age : 95
Auto-Sleeper : TALISMAN (2005)

Back to top Go down

Motorhome Stopover club (Worth Joining?) Empty motorhomestopovers

Post by murph Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:36 am

Motorhome stopovers had at the time of the Malvern show 2011, 506 pubs listed all over the country, though thin on the ground in Scotland, against 125 or therabouts stopovers for Britstops I have been a member almost since it started and find it is very useful to have a list, just to enable you to find one in the area you want to stop in. Although there is no rule that you have to use the pubs that you stop at, some pubs have been lost due to Too many people stopping without using the pub you dont have to have a meal but a drink or two does keep them happy.and a drink or two is a lot cheaper than £20 to £25 for a night on a site, I have been turned down on unlisted pubs and wouldnt stop without asking.
murph
murph

Male

Member Age : 86
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire EK,ES.

Back to top Go down

Motorhome Stopover club (Worth Joining?) Empty stopovers

Post by murph Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:41 am

Forgot to mention motorhome stopovers subscription runs for a year from the time you join, Britstops runs to the end of the year. allthumbz
murph
murph

Male

Member Age : 86
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire EK,ES.

Back to top Go down