The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shepton mallet motorhome show

2 posters

Go down

Shepton mallet motorhome show Empty Shepton mallet motorhome show

Post by deka Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:09 am

Hi, We,re down at the Shepton mallet show with the ASOC at the moment, having a wonderful time, met lots of new faces, made lots of new friends, the weather as been extremely kind with plenty of sun, and plenty of bargains.Deka allthumbz
deka
deka

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Peugeot Sigma EL

Back to top Go down

Shepton mallet motorhome show Empty Re: Shepton mallet motorhome show

Post by stoneb Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:22 am

Hi Deka, I drove past your ASOC group (my poor Winnie suffered a scowl though from one of the van's owners as I drove gently by, waving last Thursday a.m.)

It certainly was a wonderful weekend, much enjoyed. I got a "bargain?" or two myself. Like you, I met lots of new and established friends too. 

I can't help but say that at roughly £50 entry fee for no EHU and only basic facilities, the weekend was expensive. The number of traders has dropped steadily year on year, probably because of the financial demands made by the event organisers on all who attend, for a minimal outlay. There were many less displays and sales awnings than last year which were less than the previous year etc. There used to be an excellent fireworks display at one time, but no longer done (if questioned, the organisers would probably mumble about Health & Safety as the reason? But I have my own thoughts, therein).
stoneb
stoneb

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Winchcombe
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down