The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VW T5 Autosleeper Trident Suitable Awning?

5 posters

Go down

VW T5 Autosleeper Trident Suitable Awning? Empty VW T5 Autosleeper Trident Suitable Awning?

Post by boyzo Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:22 pm

Hi all, I need some help please , I have a VW T5 Autosleepers trident and was thinking of buying an awning for her.As I have only had her about 4 weeks and still new to the camper scene I don't know what would be best or a good company to buy from. We really only want it for some storage and for the dog to sleep at night. We really need it to be a drive away type. We have seen some that blow up  with no poles are they any good ?. Would really appreciate anybody's help thanks andy and su ☺
boyzo
boyzo

Male

Member Age : 53
Auto-Sleeper : none

Back to top Go down

VW T5 Autosleeper Trident Suitable Awning? Empty Re: VW T5 Autosleeper Trident Suitable Awning?

Post by rose49f Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:14 pm

wave 
Kyham quick erect drive away awning. I love mine. How big's the dog.
rose49f
rose49f
Donator
Donator

Female

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

VW T5 Autosleeper Trident Suitable Awning? Empty Re: VW T5 Autosleeper Trident Suitable Awning?

Post by daisy mae Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:09 pm

Hello and  asof_welcome2 from Leicestershire, sorry cannot help with drive away awnings as I sold my Kampa one as I never used it. good make though.

Dr. Seuss
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down

Post by boyzo Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:12 pm

Hi rose the dog is a springer spaniel only small but she is used to living in a kenal outside. Thanks for the advice I will check them out
boyzo
boyzo

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by scrumpyjack14 Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:36 am

Hi Boyzo,
We have just upgraded to a T5 Trident and bought a Vango Kela driveaway awning. It's just the 2 of us and our black Labrador Betsy (although she curls up on passenger seat at night rather than sleep outside). We were just looking for a bit of extra space for the dog - especially in wet weather.

http://www.worldofcamping.co.uk/vango-kela-air-away-awning?gclid=Cj0KEQjwjtGfBRCN4-LU9ODG1-wBEiQAy_Xp7-ktZgdkzDUk_WabJjAWptO_pUf3A7GNd9mVcycieDAaAjec8P8HAQ#fo_c=273&fo_k=911fa58efce3b889407343308ed68d48&fo_s=gplauk

We have to say we are delighted with the awning. We went for the smaller one (there is a long version) and have taken out the sleeping compartment (no plans to use this unless my niece joins us on hols).

We took it up to the local common to play with it and figure out how it works - once we had put it up once we found it very easy. We store it at the back of the high top.

HTH
Steve
scrumpyjack14
scrumpyjack14

Male

Member Age : 49
Auto-Sleeper : Trident
Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by scrumpyjack14 Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:06 am

Just to add - worth buying the official groundsheet to go with it - so you have a groundsheet between the awning and the van.

It is very fast to erect - no messing around with poles etc!

We bought ours from Todds Leisure in Preston at the same time as we bought the van - the price was very good.

Steve
scrumpyjack14
scrumpyjack14

Male

Member Age : 49
Auto-Sleeper : Trident
Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnsCrossMotorhomes Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:43 pm

There are loads of awnings available, have look for info

http://www.johnscross.co.uk/awnings-annexes-groundsheets.html

Happy hunting

Peter

Male

Location : Battle Road (A21) Robertsbridge, East Sussex. 01-580-881288

Back to top Go down

Post by boyzo Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:42 pm

Thanks peter I will have a look
boyzo
boyzo

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnsCrossMotorhomes Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:14 pm

boyzo wrote:Thanks peter I will have a look
Your welcome, there are all types available and dont forget you get 5% DISCOUNT as a forum member and most awnings are free delivery.

For any one going to the  NEC we are offering free fitting at the show on Fiamma awnings subject to suitabilty for non workshop fitting, to book email glenn@johnscross.co.uk or ian@johnscross.co.uk. With free fitting the discount is not available.

Peter

Male

Location : Battle Road (A21) Robertsbridge, East Sussex. 01-580-881288

Back to top Go down