The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gloucester reversing camera failure

5 posters

Go down

Gloucester reversing camera failure Empty Gloucester reversing camera failure

Post by oenophile Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:51 pm

My reversing camera on my 2010 Mercedes Gloucester failed suddenly the other day. I can't get anything on the screen (menu etc) using the remote so I suspect a power problem. I would normally check the fuse for this as a first step but can't find a location in the schematics. Does anyone know where the fuse is or, failing that, where the power is taken from?

Thanks in advance Graham
oenophile
oenophile

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Gloucester reversing camera failure Empty Re: Gloucester reversing camera failure

Post by artheytrate Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:00 pm

Does it work when put in reverse if yes I would suspect battery in remote.

John.
artheytrate
artheytrate

Male

Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Gloucester reversing camera failure Empty Re: Gloucester reversing camera failure

Post by oenophile Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:04 pm

Hi,
No it doesn't work in reverse and my first step was to replace the remote battery.

Cheers Graham
oenophile
oenophile

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by nimbus Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:06 pm

If its a Veba monitor on your Gloucester i would suspect it's the cause. I'm now on my second one and that one flashes to a blue screen in hot weather so I suspect it's on its way out.

I managed to buy a new one on eBay for around £50 although the cheapest today are £79.99.
nimbus

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:28 pm

oenophile wrote:My reversing camera on my 2010 Mercedes Gloucester failed suddenly the other day. I can't get anything on the screen (menu etc) using the remote so I suspect a power problem. I would normally check the fuse for this as a first step but can't find a location in the schematics. Does anyone know where the fuse is or, failing that, where the power is taken from?

Thanks in advance Graham

On my van the electrics for the monitor are below the cooled drinks box in th etop of the dashboard. Four screws to remove and the inner lifts out. No need to remove the lid. There may be a small black box which has a slow blow glass fuse inside.

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by oenophile Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:00 pm

Thanks Ron and Nimbus,
I will check it out tomorrow.
Cheers Graham
oenophile
oenophile

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:11 am

The power for your reversing camera should be taken form the Sargent EM50 located on the back of the drivers seat plinth.  The feed is parallel with the 12v feed to the fridge when the engine is running.  If you start your engine and find that the fridge is not working on 12v then check the fuse in the EM50.  The fuse holders do not have a body or pin guide so it is easy to mis-locate the fuse or damage the fuse holder.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Peter
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by oenophile Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:28 pm

Thanks Peter,
the fridge is still working so I shall have to trace things back further - if I can find the join in the cable to the monitor then I can check and see if I have volts.

Cheers Graham
oenophile
oenophile

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:19 pm

My Malvern is the same model as the Gloucester (Marquis name). The electronics for the rear view monitor are above the cab interior light unit. I can't remember but there may be an inline fuse up there as well.

Peter

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by oenophile Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:17 pm

Thanks again Peter,
I found the little black box as you said (behind the interior light) and there is an inline fuse in it. I did however have 12v in and out. I tried disconnecting the AV input lead and connecting a dummy lead on which the monitor lit up saying no signal. Now at least I know that it is not the monitor or the control unit so it must be the camera.

Many thanks for your help as I am pleased to have isolated the fault.
Graham
oenophile
oenophile

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by nimbus Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:13 pm

Graham - There is also a small inline plug and socket close to the camera. Mine came partially apart when new and I kept losing the signal. May be worth a check.
nimbus

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo

Back to top Go down

Post by oenophile Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:27 pm

Thanks Nimbus,
I found that when I buzzed out the camera lead to check if I had volts - a useful suggestion though and I hope the thread may help anyone else who has the same problem.

Cheers Graham
oenophile
oenophile

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:38 pm

I'm a little confused.

I was just about to post that the camera wiring is above the van ceiling and that that would have to be cut into in the rear overhead lockers to access the back of the camera - for me that is a task for the service centre.

However Grahams last post suggest that he has gained that access?

Peter

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by oenophile Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:50 pm

Peter,
there was a 4" square access plate in the lockers above the bed. Four screws revealed a round access hole to both the camera and high level brake light wiring. Perhaps this was a sign of earlier problems?
Graham
oenophile
oenophile

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:51 pm

oenophile wrote: Perhaps this was a sign of earlier problems?
Graham

I'm sure it is.

Peter
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down