The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Daytime Running Lights

+14
ScribesWtr
pjkxpjkx
V
Sleepy
inspiredron
peugeotboxer
matchlessman
Paulmold
SteveUK
batch
-mojo-
ajrm
roli
colinsue
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Daytime Running Lights Empty Daytime Running Lights

Post by colinsue Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:11 pm

Our 2013 Broadway FB has a fault with the DAYTIME Running lights where after a short period of driving the normal 5 LEDs each side reduce to only two showing on each side,my dealer has been aware of the problem for some time,but to date no solution....has anyone else experienced problems with these lights.They were a must in our choice of MOTORHOME and have lasted 6 months before becoming a problem !!! Very very disappointing AUTOSLEEPERS .
colinsue

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway F B

Back to top Go down

Daytime Running Lights Empty Re: Daytime Running Lights

Post by roli Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:35 pm

Well its a Peugeot problem for a start rather than an AS issue, and the the poor dealer support is why many won't buy Peugeot based vans.
I have no experience with the x250s but I have seen problems with the control boxes on after fit drl's
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by colinsue Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:00 pm

Don't agree that it's a Peugeot problem ,photos of the problem were sent to the dealer and AS in March and they have accepted that it's there problem,otherwise the vehicle would of been refers to Peugeot.
colinsue

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ajrm Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:57 pm

I would have thought the running lights were part of the base vehicle as they are controlled by the Canbus system and fitted as standard from early 2014 models. But if AS claim its their problem, then they should sort it out. 
Our van is just coming up to a year old and DRL's are working fine.

We chose a Peugeot base vehicle because we had nothing but trouble with 4 different Fiat dealers over the years. Swore we would never have another Fiat! Our van has been to Peugeot a couple of times and they seemed to bend over backwards to help, even upgraded the ECU software free for us last time it was in there.
Good luck getting it fixed anyway.
Allan

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Ex 2013 Broadway FB
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by -mojo- Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:28 pm

I'm not sure why AutoSleepers should be involved at all. If the vehicle was bought new and the base vehicle is still under warranty and the DRLs are part of the base vehicle then it should be addressed by Peugeot under their warranty.

IIRC this exact problem was reported in another thread here a few days ago, and the person referring to it said that it had been resolved to their satisfaction.
-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Member Age : 24
Auto-Sleeper : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Post by batch Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:29 am

Our 2012 Kemerton has the same problem only 2 out of the 5 LED's on the n/s are working. The DRL's are fitted by Autosleeper so it is they that you need to contact not Peugeot. Unfortunately for me my van was 5 weeks past its warranty period so could not claim under the warranty but as a gesture Autosleepers offered me a new set of lights [ n/s and o/s ]  for £90 [ normal price £175 ] I have not had a chance to fit them yet but hopefully fitting the replacement n/s light will resolve the problem.
batch
batch

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Kemerton

Back to top Go down

Post by colinsue Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:11 am

The DRLs are fitted as part of the premium pack by AS, they told my dealer to check the control module fitted in the o/s "B" pillar however the dealer could not find the module,and is still in discussion with AS,if the fault is with the light units themselves it seems strange that such expensive items should both fail at the same time ie o/s and n/s ?
colinsue

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ajrm Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:28 am

Sounds like it is the control unit as both lights have the same fault. Strange that the dealer can't find the control unit after being told where it is. 
I assume they took the b pillar cover off and had a good look around, that is, if they know where the b pillar is
If it was mine, I would have a look myself
Allan

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Ex 2013 Broadway FB
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveUK Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:08 pm

batch wrote:Our 2012 Kemerton has the same problem only 2 out of the 5 LED's on the n/s are working. The DRL's are fitted by Autosleeper so it is they that you need to contact not Peugeot. Unfortunately for me my van was 5 weeks past its warranty period so could not claim under the warranty but as a gesture Autosleepers offered me a new set of lights [ n/s and o/s ]  for £90 [ normal price £175 ] I have not had a chance to fit them yet but hopefully fitting the replacement n/s light will resolve the problem.

By "5 weeks past its warranty period", do you mean it was just over 13 months old?  I have to say that, if that was the case, Autosleepers wouldn't have had such an easy ride from me. 

Just ask yourself what would be a reasonable lifespan for LED running lights.  One year? Two? Five?  I would suggest a darn sight more than a year (even if it were old-style incandescent bulbs) and therefore a free replacement would be the least I would demand.

Oh dear.  Am I really becoming an old, cantankerous git?  Apologies if so!
SteveUK
SteveUK
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 67
Auto-Sleeper : Clubman GL
Vehicle Year : 2001

Back to top Go down

Post by batch Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:15 pm

SteveUK wrote:
batch wrote:Our 2012 Kemerton has the same problem only 2 out of the 5 LED's on the n/s are working. The DRL's are fitted by Autosleeper so it is they that you need to contact not Peugeot. Unfortunately for me my van was 5 weeks past its warranty period so could not claim under the warranty but as a gesture Autosleepers offered me a new set of lights [ n/s and o/s ]  for £90 [ normal price £175 ] I have not had a chance to fit them yet but hopefully fitting the replacement n/s light will resolve the problem.

By "5 weeks past its warranty period", do you mean it was just over 13 months old?  I have to say that, if that was the case, Autosleepers wouldn't have had such an easy ride from me. 

Just ask yourself what would be a reasonable lifespan for LED running lights.  One year? Two? Five?  I would suggest a darn sight more than a year (even if it were old-style incandescent bulbs) and therefore a free replacement would be the least I would demand.

Oh dear.  Am I really becoming an old, cantankerous git?  Apologies if so!

I fully agree that if the van was 13 months old I would of expected AS to replace the lighting unit FOC, but the van was reg in 2012 making it 25 months old, so unfortunately for me the van is out of its 2 year warranty period..
batch
batch

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Kemerton

Back to top Go down

Post by colinsue Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:47 pm

Recd a letter from my Dealer on 4 July, (dated 1st July )to say that Auto Sleepers have now supplied new lights and for me to ring to book in for fitting,phoned the same day and the earliest date for fitting is 31 July.!!! For a problem reported together with photographs in March. This level of service on a 50k plus vehicle does little to enhance Auto Sleepers as a company,I am sure that my dealer would sooner I took the vehicle to Mark at Auto Sleepers for repair,but why should I have to travel a distance which amounts to over two hundred miles when my local dealer is 35 miles away.
colinsue

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:44 pm

Personally I think you are expecting a lot to get it done any sooner at your local dealer as this is the busiest time of year. That said it appears to me to be your dealer who is dragging the whole thing out and not Autosleepers .  Daytime running lights are not a matter of life or death so just chill a little and just try to enjoy the van.
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by matchlessman Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:30 pm

Personally I can't see the point of DRLs at all. Especially on something the size of a motorhome. If other drivers can't see me coming in a big white van, then I doubt a few LEDs will make any difference. 

My biggest gripe is the plethora of lights people seem to feel are essential to driving in broad daylight (often foglights...) simply dazzle and could easily prevent a driver from spotting a cyclist or a pedestrian with potentially disasterous consequences.

Loose the fashion accessories and look where you are going......
matchlessman
matchlessman

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Ex owner - Symbol ES
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by -mojo- Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:55 pm

matchlessman wrote:Personally I can't see the point of DRLs at all.

Whether you can or not, they are required by EU Directive 2008/89/EC, so there's really no point in trying to argue against them - and there is plenty of evidence that they do have a positive effect on safety, though much of it seems to come from countries where winter days are darker and shorter than the average in the UK.
-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeotboxer Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:26 pm

Just an observation, but on the weekend we were travelling along the M4, the sky was dark and it was pouring down with rain.
Quite a few vehicles (cars) had no rear lights on, but on overtaking, the DRLs were on.
Obviously the drivers' didn't realise that the rear lights weren't on. Mistakenly thought they were on sidelights perhaps?

PB
peugeotboxer
peugeotboxer
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Harmony
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:42 pm

The OP had them fitted as part of an upgrade package so there may be an EU directive but not all new vehicles have them as standard.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by -mojo- Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:53 pm

Paulmold wrote:The OP had them fitted as part of an upgrade package so there may be an EU directive but not all new vehicles have them as standard.

Sorry - I didn't mean to imply that everyone will have to put up with having them fitted to their own vehicles - I meant that we will all have to put up with seeing them on almost every other vehicle on the road!

I personally don't know what exemptions apply to the directive, but as I understand it (from the wiki!) the legislation was extended beyond cars to include trucks and buses in August 2012, so I doubt you will see many new vehicles on the road without them...
-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by matchlessman Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:51 pm

Manufacturers are/were required to fit DRLs from a certain date, but there isn't a requirement to use them.
You do however have to use headlights in conditions of poor visibility as PBs comments above, it is amazing the number of people who seem to believe having DRLS on means they can be seen from all angles in near darkness.
I have turned my DRLs off on my car and just assume every other driver is a blind moron who hasn't seen me, until they prove otherwise. It may be over the top, but I have survived nearly 40 years of motorcycling by that philosophy.
I recall the tale of an accident caused by a car pulling out in front of a motorcyclist. Nobody could understand how the car driver knew the person he hit was a motorcyclist because he was driving a 40 tonne truck at the time,,,,
matchlessman
matchlessman

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Ex owner - Symbol ES
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by -mojo- Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:05 pm

matchlessman wrote:Manufacturers are/were required to fit DRLs from a certain date, but there isn't a requirement to use them.

It's not possible to turn the DRLs off on my T5.

Up until (IIRC) 2011 there was a sequence of moves of one of the steering column stalks that would turn them off, but that doesn't work on later vehicles. Even though the use of a computer connected to the diagnostic port still shows an option to disable the DRLs, it has no effect - I've tested it!
-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:58 pm

Why would you want to turn them off. They go off anyway when you turn your headlights on. My boxer does not have an option to turn on old fashioned sidelights, unless the engine is off when "headlights on" means sidelights on. It is a very good point made earlier that drl's are front only - there is no rearlight to them.  That is different from the old dimmed headlamps version which included full rearlights. This needs to be remembered in poor daylight conditions.

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleepy Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:50 pm

colinsue wrote:Our 2013 Broadway FB has a fault with the DAYTIME Running lights where after a short period of driving the normal 5 LEDs each side reduce to only two showing on each side,my dealer has been aware of the problem for some time,but to date no solution....has anyone else experienced problems with these lights.They were a must in our choice of MOTORHOME and have lasted 6 months before becoming a problem !!! Very very disappointing AUTOSLEEPERS .
...just getting back to the original post:
our van does this too from time to time.  We haven't worked out how long it takes but after some time the number of LED's goes down from 5 to 2.  Next day though, the number is back up to 5, so it is not a LED failure but something in the control circuit, possibly overheating I would guess?
Does anyone else see this?

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by colinsue Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:08 pm

Update ,took the van to the dealers today for the parts sent by Auto Sleepers to be fitted, (two months wait from the original visit to check /diagnose the fault) the result after we arrive back home ,lights still faulty with the same problem.I telephoned the dealer to be told Auto Sleepers now on annual holiday break so it may take two weeks or so to get back to me.......
colinsue

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:50 pm

Well I spoke to Alan in the spares dept on Monday, they weren't on holiday then. Why not give them a call yourself to check.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by colinsue Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:42 pm

Lights now sorted (rewiired) by Mark and his team at A/S service centre,Great people to deal with who know the product.
colinsue

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:46 pm

Hi all, just checked my lights before van goes in for mechanical service tomorrow at local Peugeot dealer and only 3 LED's working on o/side, n/side is fine.
Can you confirm this is an A/S problem and not Peugeot. Van goes in for Hab check on Thursday so will mention it to Marquis if A/S are responsible.
Thanks
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next