The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Power invertor for TV

2 posters

Go down

Power invertor for TV Empty Power invertor for TV

Post by cornishpixi Wed May 28, 2014 6:23 pm

I have an Autosleeper Midas just bought it, I go away for weekends with no electric hook up so run on battery and gas, I used my tv with a power inverter 150w in the caravan and it fits into what I call a cigarette lighter in the caravan so I watch tv off the battery, on the Motorhome it has a fitting for the aerial and a switch with 2 slots in it for 12v totally different from the caravan does anyone know if I need a different inverter please I do like my telly at weekends Thanks scratch head
cornishpixi
cornishpixi

Female

Member Age : 61
Auto-Sleeper : Midas
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Power invertor for TV Empty Re: Power invertor for TV

Post by brodco Wed May 28, 2014 8:03 pm

Hi wave 

cornishpixi wrote: on the Motorhome it has a fitting for the aerial and a switch with 2 slots in it for 12v totally different from the caravan does anyone know if I need a different inverter please I do like my telly at weekends Thanks scratch head
The inverter will be fine it’s just a matter of finding the right connector to get the 12V supply to it.
It’s probably one of these:

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/quest-adapt-it-3-caravanning-electrical-set-p141461?gclid=CKHY2t2jz74CFc6WtAodgx8AYw

Or possibly one of these:

http://www.towsure.com/product/AdaptIt_1_12V_Adaptor_2_Pin_Socket_to_Cigar_Lighter?catargetid=520002630000002100&cadevice=c&gclid=CI-4jJ2lz74CFbShtAodaCUAaQ

It's quite easy to tell which is which. The first has two parallel pins with one smaller than the other. The second has pins at an angle.

Brod.
brodco
brodco
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Duetto
Vehicle Year : 1997

Back to top Go down

Power invertor for TV Empty Re: Power invertor for TV

Post by cornishpixi Wed May 28, 2014 8:52 pm