The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newish Member Introduction

+3
Paulmold
roli
HuwEvans
7 posters

Go down

Newish Member Introduction Empty Newish Member Introduction

Post by HuwEvans Tue May 27, 2014 8:48 pm

Hi - I believe I originally registered on this forum a few years ago, trying to find solve some problems. Ive just reset my password so am back again, but saw your appeal to do the decent thing and introduce myself first..so here goes 

So Hi - Im a T4 Trident Diesel owner 1997 120K on the clock. Owned it since 2002 - 12 years. Been my best ever purchase. But it now is starting to need some TLC to keep it going for another 12 years. I Live in Hove Sussex but half a mile from the sea which I think keeps it out of salt water issues. 

Have been stymied the past few years going to visit my dear sweet ol' mum in North Kent, which is just a few miles inside M25 and critically the London Emissions zone. But its only a few miles inside so have taken a bicycle on the back and parked up as close as possible.  Ive spotted some camera free country lanes coming in so its probably low risk, but Im penalty fine averse! 

Its been our sole vehice for 10 of those 12 years personally driven 100,000 miles in it. Driven to Italy, done the Expensive August Ferry to Bilbao then round north Spain and Portugal and a good few trips to Northern France. Have yet to experience Highlands and Islands of Scotland which would be my dream, or indeed Scandinavia. Ive previously commuted in it for years, used it for accomodation whilst working 9-5 on remote contract work. Oh and took it on a Fringe Theatre tour, loaded up with Props, Set, Costumes and PA system. The van knows its own way to the local munipal tip etc etc. 

I havent used it as much as Id like in recent years, the odd night camping in South East, North France last year, but after some basic maintenance am looking forward to going out and about again asap. 

Ive contemplated trading up to a 5 year old T5 but its an expensive option for a van which (famous last words) just keeps going. Current issues: A few rust spots to clear up including windscreen stay so I need to look at that asap. Need to replace the leisure battery after checking the dual charging is working, Would like to get the blown air heating working, may just be the battery. Biggest concern is water coming in the one side, either from the high top window (which I did replace 8 years ago, so sounds very suspiciously like thats the cause) or perhaps its the rain gutter? Roller blinds have seized in a few cases, oh and that damn plastic has torn covering the rear side window (seen it happen on so many tridents). As regards the engine, I did the glow-plugs and new cam chain, but both about 10 years ago. Perhaps therefore its time the engine had a comprehensive overhaul. It does sound a bit rattlely but keeps going regardless. Fridge seems erratic and is has a damp patch at the front. But none of these sound like show stoppers to me. New snazzier wheels could be nice, but not silly money.

So there you go. Thats my introduction. I think all the issues will have been reported in your forums before. Id welcome any recommendations for a decent Sussex repairer who wont rip me off. Safe driving to you all and hoping the rain clears up soon and you all have a Happy Autosleeper Summer. Regards Huw
HuwEvans
HuwEvans

Male

Member Age : 63
Auto-Sleeper : trident

Back to top Go down

Newish Member Introduction Empty Re: Newish Member Introduction

Post by roli Tue May 27, 2014 11:45 pm

asof_welcome2
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Wed May 28, 2014 6:36 am

Welcome from N.E Wales    handshake

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by mikethebike Wed May 28, 2014 6:48 am

Hi Welcome to the forum again.
I Enjoyed your story.That home owes you nothing.
 greatpost 

Mike
mikethebike
mikethebike

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symphony
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Post by modelman Wed May 28, 2014 7:39 am

Hello & welcome from S/Yorks  drinksallround

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Amethyst
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Wed May 28, 2014 9:29 am

Hi and welcome back onto the forum from a very wet morning in Bridlington .
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto Wed May 28, 2014 2:11 pm

Hi there,

Welcome from what has been a wet couple of days in Lincolnshire!  rainyday  rainyday  rainyday 

Best regards,
 drinksallround

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Duetto

Back to top Go down